Android working on a kernel Linux and this means that many of the GNU/Linux operating system commands can be used from a terminal on the device itself or from via the command adb shell if we work via USB debug.
However, are facing a limited list although Linux offers a list of commands more complete as well as external modules. Jaromil.Rojo, his work has been published in XDA Developers operation ZSh Android, a shell for interactive use with powerful scripting language and the arrival of many new commands to our smartphone.
ZShaolin currently offers support for the following projects:
- FFMpeg to convert, decode and encode audio/video files.
- ImageMagick image manipulation
- Sox to manipulate and convert audio files
- OggZ for manupular Ogg/Vorbis/Theora files
- LUA scripting language
- GNU Awk, Sed, Grep, and Z-Shell
And they also become Tools as they are smaller:
- VIM and Emacs
- SSH Secure Shell
- The Midnight Commander and the Lynx browser
- GnuPG to encrypt, decrypt, and sign messages and files
- Lighttpd web server that you can use with Android
ZShaolin It is as a small but very powerful tool you can see so if you are looking for a tools complete to mess with your Android, do not hesitate, take a look on the website of the project.