A great way to relieve heartburn is to receive a massage with reflexology because it massage therapy works and stimulates the esophagus and the stomach, through the application of pressure on specific points of the foot responsible for these organs of the body.
So, this massage of reflexology helps to decrease the burning sensation and the heat that rises from the chest up to the throat, relieving the heartburn and may also be used to relieve heartburn during pregnancy.
How to do the massage of reflexology to relieve heartburn
- Step 1:Bend the foot back with one hand and with the thumb of the other hand, to slide laterally from the protrusion of the sole, as shown in the image. Repeat the movement 8 times;
- Step 2:Push the toes backward with one hand and with the thumb of the other hand, sliding of the protrusion of the outsole up to the space between the big toe and the 2nd finger. Repeat the movement 6 times;
- Step 3:rest the thumb on the 3rd finger of the right foot and go down to the line of the protrusion of the sole. Then, to press this point, as shown in the image, and make small circles for 10 seconds;
- Step 4: rest your thumb just below the protrusion of the outsole and up the side and smoothly up to the point marked on the image. At this point, make small circles for 4 seconds. Repeat the movement 8 times, gently, making circles as he grows;
- Step 5: Bend the foot back and with the thumb of the other hand, climb up to the base of the fingers, as shown in the image. Do the motion for all the fingers and repeat 5 times;
- Step 6: Scroll through with the thumb on the side of the foot up to the ankle as shown in the image, repeating the motion 3 times gently.
In addition to this massage, to relieve heartburn it is also important to avoid eating very fast, eating a small amount of food at once, avoid drinking fluids during meals and do not lie down soon after meals.