Massage reflexology is a great way to relieve constipation, because it applies pressure on specific points of the foot correspond to certain parts of the body, such as the colon, for example, stimulating the bowel movements and the elimination of stool that are trapped in the intestine.
In addition, massage reflexology for constipation, to stimulate the output of the stool, promotes the relief of symptoms such as abdominal pain and belly swollen.
How to do the massage reflexology for constipation
- Step 1: Hold with one hand the right foot and with the thumb of the other hand, sliding of the heel up to the middle of the sole, to repeat the movement 6 times, gently;
- Step 2:Place your thumb on the sole of the left foot, as shown in the image, and sliding it in the horizontal, and repeat the movement 6 times;
- Step 3:Hold the left foot with one hand and with the thumb of the other hand, sliding of the heel up to the middle of the sole, to repeat the movement 6 times, gently;
- Step 4: Push the toes backward with one hand and with the thumb of the other hand, sliding of the protrusion of the sole until the base of the big toe. Repeat the motion 7 times;
- Step 5: to Place 3 fingers below the protrusion of the sole and to press this point lightly with both thumbs, making small circles for 15 seconds;
- Step 6: Hold the foot with one hand and put the thumb of the other hand on the side of the foot below the ankle, as shown in the image. Then, slide the thumb from this point until the depression in front of the ankle bone, pressing and describing circles for 6 seconds. Repeat the movement 6 times.
In addition to this massage, to relieve constipation, it is also important to practice physical activity regularly, drink about 2 liters of water per day and increase the intake of fiber-rich foods such as cereals, fruit, wheat germ, dried fruit and vegetables, for example.