The hot stone massage is a massage done with basalt stones that are warm in the entire body, including face and head, which helps to relax and relieve the stress accumulated during the daily tasks.
Initially it is done a massage on the entire body with plenty of oil and then the therapist also performs a gentle massage with the heated stone leaving the hostel for a few minutes on some specific points of the body, called key-points of acupressure.
Benefits of hot stone massage
The benefits of hot stone massage include:
- Increased blood circulation due to the warmth of the stones;
- Deep relaxation because the heat reaches the deepest fibers of the muscles;
- Increased lymphatic drainage;
- Relief of muscle pain;
- Decrease the stress and tensions;
- Increased well-being. Brings pleasure to the body due to the heating;
The hot stone massage lasts on average 90 minutes and is ideal for the colder days of winter.
The price of the massage with hot stones
The price of the massage with the hot stones varies according to the time of the session, but a session of 1 hour costs about R$100,00.
The hot stone massage is contraindicated for individuals with asthma, acute cystitis, acute, acute infections, injuries, skin diseases, cancer and in pregnancy.
How to do the massage with hot stones
To do a hot stone massage you should:
- Place 5 or 6 basalt stones that are smooth inside of a pot with water;
- Boil the water with the rocks and then let it stand until the temperature is 50 ° C;
- Put a stone in his hand to check the temperature of the stone;
- Do a massage with sweet almond oil;
- Put the stones on the key points of the acupressure of the back for 10 minutes;
- Make a light massage with the stones on the location where they were placed.
Although the hot stone massage can be done at home, you should, whenever possible, be made by a trained professional to ensure the best results.