Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
According to 800zipcodes, Lutherville Timonium is located in the northern part of Baltimore County, Maryland. It lies between the Jones Falls and Gunpowder Falls rivers and is situated at an elevation of 400 feet above sea level. The city has a humid subtropical climate with warm summers and mild winters. The average annual precipitation is 42 inches and temperatures range from an average low of 38°F in January to an average high of 87°F in July.
Lutherville Timonium was founded in 1852 when two small towns, Lutherville and Timonium, merged together to form one municipality. Since then, it has grown steadily into a thriving community with an estimated population of almost 30,000 people as of 2020. Politically, Lutherville Timonium is represented by both state and federal representatives within the Democratic Party.
Economically, Lutherville Timonium’s economy is largely based on retail services such as restaurants and shopping centers as well as office complexes for large corporations such as T Rowe Price and McCormick & Company. Additionally, the city’s close proximity to Baltimore City offers residents access to many cultural attractions such as museums, art galleries, theaters, sports stadiums and more.
Lutherville Timonium is served by Baltimore County Public Schools including seven elementary schools (Lutherville Lab School among them), four middle schools (including Ridgely Middle School) and two high schools (Dulaney High School being one of them). The city also has a number of private schools which offer religious education or alternative curriculum options for families who prefer them over traditional public schooling options.
Finally, Lutherville-Timonium features several notable landmarks like Ladew Topiary Gardens – a 22-acre estate featuring topiary gardens designed by Harvey S Ladew – Valley View Farms – a 60-acre farm with horse stables – Oregon Grille – a historic restaurant established in 1992 – Cromwell Valley Park –a nature park designated for preservation –and many more parks around town that offer recreational activities for residents all year round including hiking trails, biking trails, fishing ponds and picnic areas among others.
Males: 7,494 (47.4%), Females: 8,320 (52.6%)
Zip code: 21093
Median resident age: 45.5 years
Median household income: $61,573
Median house value: $170,700
Races in Lutherville-Timonium:
- White Non-Hispanic (89.1%)
- Black (3.2%)
- Korean (1.9%)
- Chinese (1.3%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Filipino (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (27.3%), Irish (18.3%), English (16.3%), Italian (9.3%), Polish (6.0%), Scottish (3.6%).
Land area: 7.4 square miles
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland is a vibrant and diverse community located in Baltimore County. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the population of this unincorporated area is 20,829 people with a median age of 40.6 years old. The population is composed of 49% females and 51% males, with a median household income of $90,836. Approximately 30% of the population are families with children under 18 years old.
The racial composition of Lutherville Timonium consists of 81% White, 8% African American, 1% Native American or Alaskan Native, 3% Asian and 6% other races. Additionally, 9% of the population are Hispanic or Latino origin. The area is home to many different religions; 38% are Protestant while 24%, 14%, 11%, 4%, and 4 % practice Catholic Christianity, Judaism, Islam/Muslim faith, Buddhism and other religions respectively.
Lutherville Timonium also has a highly educated population; 52 % have a bachelor’s degree or higher while another 28 % have some college education or an associate degree. In terms of employment status within the community; 43 % are employed full-time while 10 % are employed part-time and 5 % are unemployed but actively seeking employment elsewhere. Additionally 8 % report being disabled with only 24 % retired from working life altogether making Lutherville Timonium an active community full of opportunity for its residents.
For population 25 years and over in Lutherville-Timonium
- High school or higher: 88.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 46.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 19.5%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lutherville-Timonium CDP
- Never married: 19.0%
- Now married: 62.0%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 10.3%
- Divorced: 7.0%
8.5% Foreign born (4.5% Asia, 2.7% Europe).
Hospitals/medical centers near Lutherville-Timonium:
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; TOWSON, MD)
- GREATER BALTIMORE MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; BALTIMORE, MD)
- SHEPPARD ENOCH PRATT HOSPITAL, THE (about 3 miles; TOWSON, MD)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lutherville-Timonium:
- BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON INTL (about 19 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Abbreviation: BWI)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 47 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; Abbreviation: ADW)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 50 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; Abbreviation: DCA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lutherville-Timonium:
- FALLSTON (about 16 miles; FALLSTON, MD; Abbreviation: W42)
- MARTIN STATE (about 18 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Abbreviation: MTN)
- ESSEX SKYPARK (about 19 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Abbreviation: W48)
Amtrak stations near Lutherville-Timonium:
- 9 miles: BALTIMORE (1500 N. CHARLES ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 18 miles: BWI AIRPORT RAIL STATION (BALTIMORE, AMTRAK WAY). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lutherville-Timonium:
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 2 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 5,564)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (about 4 miles; TOWSON, MD; Full-time enrollment: 13,971)
- LOYOLA COLLEGE (about 6 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 4,859)
- BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 8 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 3,227)
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (about 8 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 12,330)
- COPPIN STATE COLLEGE (about 10 miles; BALTIMORE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,844)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-BALTIMORE (about 10 miles; Baltimore, MD; Full-time enrollment: 4,456)