According to AbbreviationFinder, the government of the Canadian province of British Columbia established Kwantlen Polytechnic University as an offshoot of Douglas College in 1981. Today, students can take all kinds of undergraduate courses here, from associate ‘s degrees to semester residencies or language courses.
Excellent teacher training is considered one of the most important factors for successful studies. They all offer tuition of the highest standard and always put the student first.
Among the courses offered are programs with special features ; the Graphic Design for Marketing major is the only one of its kind in Canada, and the Journalism program is the only one in the region. In the 2010 National Survey of Student Engagement, a whopping 80 percent of respondents said they would rate the educational experience as “good” or “excellent. ”
“Kwantlen” means “tireless runner” and comes from the eponymous First Nations people, or aboriginal people who formerly settled in the same region as the university today.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University website
Year of foundation: 1981
Type of university: State university
Number of students: Total 17500
- ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountants of Canada)
The academic year at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is divided into three trimesters. The actual academic year is limited to fall and spring, while you can also study in the summer on a voluntary basis in order to finish your studies faster.
- associate degree
- postgraduate studies
- semester abroad
- bachelor’s degree
- language courses
International students may choose to study at Kwantlen Polytechnic University for a semester or two without earning a degree. However, under certain circumstances, the achievements made can be counted towards the course of studies after prior agreement with the home university. During the semester abroad
, the so-called visiting students can choose from all courses of the bachelor’s degree programs offered at the university.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University semester program
Tuition for five courses
Tuition for three courses
Typically, full-time students take about three to five three-credit courses per semester.
- Tuition at Kwantlen Polytechnic University
A semester abroad at Kwantlen Polytechnic University can be financed through foreign BAföG, as long as it lasts at least four months. Anyone who is entitled to foreign BAföG not only receives grants for the cost items of living expenses, travel to and from Germany and health insurance, but also for the tuition fees of a maximum of EUR 4600.
If you want to attend Kwantlen Polytechnic University for a semester or two, you usually have to be enrolled at a university. The choice of course is also submitted with the application.
No proof of language proficiency is required.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University Application Requirements
Degrees/Courses in English – Undergraduate
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Honours) in Psychology
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Sustainable Agriculture
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Community Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
- Bachelor of Arts in Asian Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
- Bachelor of Arts in Policy Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Design in Product Design
- Bachelor of Design, Fashion and Technology
- Bachelor of DesignGraphic Design for Marketing
- Bachelor of Fine Arts & Visual Arts
- Bachelor of Horticulture Science in Plant Health
- Bachelor of Horticulture Science in Urban Ecosystems
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Journalism (Honours)
- Bachelor of Music in Musical Arts
- Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Applications of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology
- Bachelors of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Post Baccalaureate
- Bachelor of Science in Physics for Modern Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Trades Innovation
Kwantlen Polytechnic University has a total of four campuses in the Vancouver metropolitan area, with the main campus and administrative buildings in Surrey and the others in Richmond, Langley and Cloverdale.
There are many state-of-the-art facilities in Surrey , including Nursing Labs with a life-size, computer-controlled dummy for students to try out their medical knowledge.
The campus in Cloverdale is primarily intended for manual training in the automotive sector and others, while Richmond has a design focus. Langley offers students the opportunity to receive a musical or botanical education through greenhouses, gardens, instrumental practice rooms and other facilities.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University campus descriptions
Possible accommodation for international students is arranged by the company First Choice International Placement Inc. The following link provides more information.
The following accommodation options are available:
- Private apartments / hotels
- guest families