Jenkinsburg, Georgia is a small town located in the heart of the Peach State. It has an estimated population of 1,800 people and is situated in the Central Georgia region. The geography of Jenkinsburg consists mostly of rolling hills and forests, with the Ocmulgee River flowing through the area. The climate here is generally mild and humid, with warm summers and cool winters. Check ehangzhou for best time to travel to Georgia.
The history of Jenkinsburg dates back to 1844 when it was officially founded by Henry W. Jenkins and his family who had moved from neighboring Carroll County. Since then, it has remained a largely agricultural community with a strong focus on family farming. In recent years, however, there has been an influx of new businesses that have helped to diversify the local economy.
Politically speaking, Jenkinsburg leans towards conservative ideals and values due to its rural location and traditional roots. In terms of education, there are several public schools in the area including Jenkinsburg Elementary School, Jenkinsburg Middle School, and Jenkinsburg High School all of which are highly rated by parents in the community.
As for landmarks in Jenkinsburg, some popular spots include the historic Town Square which features various shops and restaurants as well as a popular farmers market held every Saturday morning throughout the summer months. Other local attractions include nearby Allatoona Lake which offers plenty of fishing opportunities as well as hiking trails for nature lovers to explore.
Population: 203. Estimated population in July 2020: 227 (+11.8% change)
Males: 97 (47.8%), Females: 106 (52.2%)
Zip code: 30234
Median resident age: 35.6 years
Median household income: $40,417
Median house value: $85,000
Races in Jenkinsburg:
- White Non-Hispanic (72.4%)
- Black (21.7%)
- Two or more races (4.9%)
- American Indian (4.4%)
Ancestries: United States (23.6%), English (10.3%), Irish (7.4%), Scottish (4.4%), German (3.0%), Subsaharan African (1.5%).
Elevation: 770 feet
Land area: 0.8 square miles
Jenkinsburg, Georgia is a small town with a population of about 3,300 people. The majority of the population is White (72%) followed by Black or African American (24%), Asian (2%), and other races (2%). The median age in Jenkinsburg is 42 years old, slightly higher than the national average of 37 years old. The median household income in Jenkinsburg is $45,000 per year, which is slightly lower than the national average of $55,000 per year. Education wise, almost 91% of the population has at least a high school diploma and nearly 25% have obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher. The unemployment rate in Jenkinsburg is 4%, which is lower than the national average of 6%. Additionally, there are many small businesses located within the town that employ local residents.
For population 25 years and over in Jenkinsburg
- High school or higher: 70.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 7.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.0%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jenkinsburg town
- Never married: 19.1%
- Now married: 59.6%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 10.6%
- Divorced: 7.8%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -11 (-5.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Jenkinsburg:
- SYLVAN GROVE HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; JACKSON, GA)
- SPALDING REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; GRIFFIN, GA)
- HENRY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; STOCKBRIDGE, GA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Jenkinsburg:
- THE WILLIAM B HARTSFIELD ATLANTA INTL (about 34 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Abbreviation: ATL)
- DOBBINS AIR RESERVE BASE (about 51 miles; MARIETTA, GA; Abbreviation: MGE)
- MIDDLE GEORGIA REGIONAL (about 53 miles; MACON, GA; Abbreviation: MCN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Jenkinsburg:
- BERRY HILL (about 17 miles; STOCKBRIDGE, GA; Abbreviation: 4A0)
- GRIFFIN-SPALDING COUNTY (about 18 miles; GRIFFIN, GA; Abbreviation: 6A2)
- CLAYTON COUNTY – TARA FIELD (about 20 miles; HAMPTON, GA; Abbreviation: 4A7)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jenkinsburg:
- GORDON COLLEGE (about 21 miles; BARNESVILLE, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,263)
- CLAYTON COLLEGE AND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 28 miles; MORROW, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,953)
- GEORGIA PERIMETER COLLEGE (about 30 miles; DECATUR, GA; Full-time enrollment: 8,213)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 36 miles; DECATUR, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,486)
- EMORY UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 10,839)
- GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 39 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 17,302)
- ATLANTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 39 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,207)