Griffith University – Gold Coast
GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA
According to AbbreviationFinder, Griffith University is one of the largest universities in the Australian state of Queensland. It is also considered one of the most influential universities in the Asia-Pacific region.
The university has a large number of faculties and departments. It was the first Australian university to offer degrees in Asian Studies and Environmental Studies and remains at the forefront of these disciplines today.
The Gold Coast location is best known for its programs in the field of health, but many other areas such as education, business administration, journalism, marine science and others also have an excellent reputation.
The university also has a number of independent academic centers, colleges and institutes.
The renowned QS World University Rankings have placed Griffith University in the top 400 universities in the world for several years in a row – putting it in the top five percent.
The goal of the teachers is to constantly increase the quality of teaching and learning in order to continuously improve the results and experiences of the students.
But there are also many attractive options for free time, such as internship options during the semester abroad with the Community Internship Program, sports or excursions, including to Moreton Island or a surfing weekend.
- Griffith University website
- Griffith University – Gold Coast website
Year of foundation: 1971
Type of university: State university
Number of students: total 50000, international 8500
- AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- CRICOS provider code: 00233E
The academic year at Griffith University is divided into three trimesters.
- Academic gap year
- postgraduate studies
- semester abroad
- bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- language courses
International students are offered the opportunity to study at Griffith University for one or two semesters as part of the semester program Study Abroad. There is the possibility of free semester and cross -departmental course selection from all university courses of the bachelor’s and master’s programs offered at Griffith University.
The desired courses are already specified in the application. Course selection must be approved by the respective Griffith University department. As a rule, you will also receive confirmation of the approved courses together with the acceptance for the Study Abroad program.
A great option for gaining additional exciting practical experience during your semester abroad at Griffith University is the university’s community internship program. Internship options are offered in a wide range of fields from business to arts to law or environmental science in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. In doing so, credit points (7.5 ECTS) can be acquired, which may be credited to the home university.
With the University’s BusinessPLUS program, business students also have the opportunity to integrate free additional activities into their curriculum. Various career options can be tried out and new relevant skills can be learned.
- Griffith University Semester Program – Gold Coast
- Term 2 2022
Tuition for four courses
Tuition for three courses
- Trimester 3 2022
Tuition for four courses
Tuition for three courses
Tuition fees are based on the number of credits taken. A course usually corresponds to 10 credit points.
There are also additional costs for the Overseas Students Health Cover of AUD 330. There is also an application fee from the 2nd trimester of 50 AUD.
- Tuition Fees at Griffith University – Gold Coast
In order to finance their semester abroad at Griffith University – Gold Coast, students can apply for foreign BAföG, among other things. As a rule, it is assumed that they study for at least two semesters at the Australian university. The foreign BAföG includes, should there be an individual entitlement to funding, financial support for travel expenses, living expenses and the costs of health insurance. In addition, it includes a subsidy towards tuition fees of up to EUR 4600.
Applicants for Griffith University’s semester program must have a high school diploma and a working knowledge of English.
This is done using a standardized language test such as the TOEFL or the IELTS. Alternatively, the DAAD test is also accepted. In addition, all bachelor courses offer the opportunity to prove your knowledge of English by means of your Abitur grade. The minimum requirement is 5 points (grade 4).
The language skills can be proven by one of the following test results or documents:
|DAAD language test||B2 level||B2 level|
|English grade high school||5 points||5 points|
|IELTS||6.0 (no range below 5.5)||6.5 (no range below 6.0)|
|TOEFL (internet based)||71 (Writing: 19, no range below 17)||79 (no range under 19)|
The language certificate can be submitted up to two months before the start of the program.
- Griffith University Application Requirements – Gold Coast
Degrees/Courses in English – Undergraduate
- Bachelor of Architectural Design
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business in Employment Relations
- Bachelor of Business in Event Management
- Bachelor of Business in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business in Logistics and Supply Network Management
- Bachelor of Business in Management
- Bachelor of Business in Marketing
- Bachelor of Business in Real Estate and Property Development
- Bachelor of Business in Sports Management
- Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours)
- Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Education – Secondary
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honors/Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Environmental Health (Honours)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Exercise Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Forensic Science/Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Government and International Relations
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Human Services (Honours)
- Bachelor of Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology Advanced (Honours)
- Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Languages and Linguistics
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Bachelor of Pharmacology and Toxicology/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Public Health (Honours)
- Bachelor of Public Health in Health Promotion and Public Health Nutrition
- Bachelor of Public Relations and Communication
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science Advanced (Honours)
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)
- Bachelor of Sports Development
- Bachelor of Urban and Environmental Planning
Studies/Courses in English – Postgraduate
- Master of Architecture
- Masters of Arts
- Master of Arts Research
- Masters of Business
- Master of Civil Engineering
- Masters of Education
- Masters of Education and Professional Studies Research
- Master of Engineering Project Management
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of International Business Administration Advanced
- Masters of Marketing
- Master of Pharmacy
- Masters of Philosophy
- Masters of Physiotherapy
- Masters of Social Work
- Master of Speech Pathology
Griffith University consists of a total of five campuses between Brisbane and the Gold Coast in south-east Queensland. The main campus is in Nathan, but the Gold Coast campus is the largest numerically, accounting for approximately 17,000 of all enrolled students.
The site is located in the small town of Southport, which is administratively part of the Gold Coast. In the area there are not only natural scrubland but also beautiful beaches that invite you to take part in leisure activities. The city of Brisbane with all its cultural offerings is only 70 kilometers away and can be reached by train, for example.
The campus has its strengths above all in the field of health studies and is excellently equipped for this with the new Griffith Center for Medicine and Oral Health, the Griffith Health Center and the Gold Coast University Hospital. Two libraries are available to students for successful studies.
But also in your free time you will find all kinds of amenities here, from restaurants and cafes to sports facilities and practical facilities such as a bank or post office.
- Griffith University Campus Map – Gold Coast
On Griffith University’s Gold Coast campus, student accommodation is provided by Griffith University Village. The link provides more information.
The following accommodation options are available:
- Apartments on campus
The college town of the Gold Coast
Located in southeast Queensland, Australia, the Gold Coast is the second most populous city in the state, with a population of over 500,000. The city stretches 40 miles from Beenleigh to Coolangatta on the New South Wales border. To the west it borders the foothills of the Great Diving Range in Lamington National Park, also known as the Gold Coast Hinterland.
The city’s climate is subtropical with average daily temperatures between 15.3 °C and 25 °C. It is also known for its 57 kilometers of coastline with some of Australia’s best beaches, waterfront properties, a wide range of tourist attractions and its long skyline.
A feature of the city is the Q1 building, which features an observation deck on the 77th floor with breathtaking views in all directions. For nightlife seekers head to areas such as Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach or Coolangatta-Tweed for bars, nightclubs, restaurants and shows.
There are a particularly large number of theme parks here, including Dreamworld, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Water World, Warner Bros. Movie World, Currumbin Sanctuary, Fleays Wildlife Park, Australian Outback Spectacular and Paradise Country.