Produced from different fruit, the fruit crystallized is a consistent presence in certain festivities of the year and perdition of those who appreciate this kind of fruit.
All intersect with the fruit crystallized at least once per year.
It is this delicacy and an assiduous presence in the festivities of the end of the year… correction: in the typical sweets of these festivals, such as is the case of king cake or cakes of honey, for example.
But not only that. There are those who do not them to resist during the rest of the year also.
But if on the one hand there are those who worship, on the other there are those who do not support it. However, the fruit crystallized is more than a simple addition of the sweet christmas.
FRUIT CRYSTALLIZED: WHAT IS IT?
Explained in a simple way. The crystallization of the fruit is a conservation process, whose use dates back over 4000 thousand years in Egypt. The process came to Europe through France, where the fruit was candied in honey.
This crystallization process of the fruit consists of replacing nearly all the water in the fruit for a sugar syrup, which prevents the fruit is deteriorating, keeping it fit for consumption for a much longer time.
CARE TO BE TAKEN IN THE CONSUMPTION OF FRUIT CANDIED
It is certain that this method of preservation of fruit help allows you to preserve some of the properties of the fruit, but there is a catch. Due to the high concentration of sugar is highly caloric. There is sweet. But this still is a characteristic certainly very attractive for some, is not beneficial.
The high concentration of sugar this type of fruit causes the sugar levels in the blood to be able to launch, triggering an intensive action of insulin. Thus, this type of food should not be eaten alone during the day, and the portions should be kept to a minimum as possible.
For this reason should be consumed with great moderation and avoided by people with diabetes, for example.
FRUIT CRYSTALLIZED: HOW TO DO?
It is easy to find in supermarkets, but you can also do it yourself at home. Can crystallize several kinds of fruit, being the best and most common fruit such as the orange, the lemon, the fig, the peach, the cherry or the pineapple.
If you want to try, here is a recipe how to make candied orange. Here is what you will need.
– Ingredients –
- Peels of 3 to 4 oranges
- 1l water + 120g water additional
- 180g sugar
– Mode of preparation –
- Start by cutting the peel from the orange.
- Then put a litre of water in a saucepan, pour there the peels of the orange and let simmer for 10 minutes. At the end of that time, strain, then pour the water away and reserve the shells.
- Then place in the pan with the remaining 120 grams of water along with the sugar and bring to the boil until the sugar dissolves.
- Then add the peels of the orange and let it boil slowly for approximately 30 minutes until the peels are soft and translucent.
- Remove the shells and leave to cool on a sheet of parchment paper. If you like to feel a layer of sugar, you can pass the shells by sugar while they’re still wet. When they are dry is to only save in a jar.
And after you already know… is to delight you with its candied fruit. But caution: consume with moderation. Remember that are highly caloric, which can be bad for your health and diet.