Federal University of São Paulo
Federal University of São Paulo. It is a Brazilian public higher education university located in the state of São Paulo, being an important undergraduate and postgraduate center in the country.
Officially created in 1994, UNIFESP originated from the Paulista School of Medicine (EPM), a private institution founded in 1933 that was nationalized in 1956. In 1940, the EPM inaugurated the São Paulo Hospital, the first teaching hospital in the country, which today is the UNIFESP University Hospital, located on the São Paulo campus, in the Vila Clementino neighborhood.
UNIFESP is currently composed of six campuses located in the state of São Paulo:
São Paulo The São Paulo campuses, located in the city of São Paulo, began their activities in 1936, the first being the one that houses the headquarters of the UNIFESP rectory, its university hospital (Hospital São Paulo) and where currently They teach Medicine, Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, Speech Therapy and Health Technologies courses. The Regional Library of Medicine (BIREME) has been located there since 1957, maintained with the help of the Pan American Health Organization and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Bajada Santista The Bajada Santista campus, the first outside the city of São Paulo, began its activities in the city of Santos with sequential courses in Health, in 2004. Starting in 2006, undergraduate courses in the Health area (Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Psychology, Occupational Therapy) began, and in 2009, the Social Service course. In 2006, UNIFESP received from the Government of the State of São Paulo the land belonging to Codesp and the Santos Immigrants’ Hostel, for the construction of its definitive headquarters. In March 2011, the university abandoned the Hospedaria and returned it to the provincial government. OnIn 2012, the Marine Sciences career was created. As of 2012, the campus began to have 4 units, with the inauguration of the Central Unit built on Codesp land, in Vila Mathias.
Diadema The Diadema campus, basically concentrated in the Institute of Environmental, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICAQF), was inaugurated in 2007 offering courses in Pharmacy, Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, receiving in 2009 courses in Pharmacy, Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Engineering on the night shift, and in 2010, the Science and Environmental Science courses.
Guarulhos The Guarulhos campus, basically made up of the School of Philosophy, Letters and Human Sciences (EFLCH), was the first in the university dedicated to research, teaching and extension in the area of Philosophy and Human Sciences. It was opened in 2007. In the Guarulhos Campus there are courses in Social Sciences, Philosophy, History and Pedagogy. As of 2009, the campus received the new careers of History of Art and Letters. Activities transferred to Colegio Torricelli in 2013 for the reform and expansion of the campus.
São José dos Campos The São José dos Campos campus, basically made up of the Institute of Science and Technology (ICT), located in the technology park of the Eugênio de Melo district, is home to the Computer Science degree; also opened in 2007. In 2009, the Computational Mathematics career began. In 2011, it was expanded with Science and Technology, which gives access to bachelor’s degrees in Biotechnology, Computer Science and Computational Mathematics and to Biomedical, Computer and Materials Engineering.
Osasco The Osasco campus, basically made up of the São Paulo School of Politics, Economics and Business (EPPEN), was inaugurated in 2011, in a temporary building donated by FAC-FITO and the municipal council. It houses the EPPEN – São Paulo School of Politics, Economics and Business, where Administration, Accounting Sciences, Economic Sciences and International Relations are taught. From 2013 he received the course of Actuarial Sciences.