The remedies for depression treat symptoms characteristic of the disease, such as sadness, loss of energy, anxiety, or suicide attempts, because these drugs act on the central nervous system, increasing the excitation of the brain, the blood circulation and the production of serotonin, promoting the well-being.
The medicines for depression are black stripe and should be used only on the advice of the general practitioner or psychiatrist, in accordance with the characteristics of the patient, due to side effects and drug interactions that can cause. See the changes that can happen in the body if you take medicines without medical advice.
Names of drugs for depression
In addition to the effects referred to in the table, the drugs for depression can lead to weight gain, however, this symptom may not manifest itself.
Remedies for depression in pregnancy
The use of remedies for depression in pregnancy should be avoided, because it can cause problems in baby’s development, and may be replaced by another type of treatment, such as psychotherapy, for example. However, in severe cases of the disease, the psychiatrist may indicate some medicines that do not cause so much danger of health to the baby or to the woman.
Homeopathic remedies for depression
Homeopathic remedies are an option that can be used as a complement to treatment for depression, however, these do not replace the medicines prescribed by the doctor. Some examples of homeopathic remedies that can be used in people who suffer from depression are:
- Ignatia amara:indicated in the treatment of depression caused by chronic pain;
- Pulsatilla: indicated for bipolar depression, with variations sudden mood;
- Natrum murlatlcum:indicated in cases in which the depression is caused by low self-esteem.
Homeopathic remedies, although they do not have the same efficacy, have fewer side effects than antidepressant drugs. The use of these remedies should be indicated by a health care professional after the psychological assessment of patients.
Natural remedies for depression
Some excellent choices of natural remedies for depression are:
- 5-HTP:This is a substance naturally produced by the body and that it participates in the production of serotonin, which can be diminished by situations such as stress, lack of magnesium and insulin resistance, for example. With the takes this supplement the amount of serotonin, known as the hormone of pleasure is increased and the person feels better and happier. The recommended dose varies between 50 to 300 mg, up to 3 times a day.
- Damiana:This medicinal plant enhances the blood circulation, induces relaxation, relieves depression and fighting anxiety. The example of a supplement that contains Damiana is Argin-Max. The recommended dose varies between 400 and 800 mg, up to 3 times a day.
- john’s wort:Is a medicinal plant that helps in the treatment of mild to moderate depression, and is useful in the maintenance of emotional equilibrium, provided that it is used for at least 4 weeks. The recommended dose is up to 300 mg per dose, being a maximum of 3 doses a day.
- Melatonin:Although be more indicated to improve the quality of sleep, melatonin also helps to decrease the bad mood, being a good help to assist in the treatment of depression. The dose may vary between 0.5 and 5 mg before bedtime.
Despite being natural, these supplements should not be taken without physician supervision, especially when the person takes other medications, because they can interact in a dangerous manner between them.
Another good way to combat depression in a homemade way is to invest in a diet that is rich in banana and tomato.