With the POV 1.5 V.I.O. offers a compact point-of-view (POV) video system, which is both waterproof, dust-proof, and shock resistant.
The system consists of a small camera that can be mounted in many ways, (several different mounting solutions are provided equal), as well as the actual control unit which, combined, disappears via a cable in your jacket pocket. Optionally there is a chest strap to attach the control unit. A wireless remote control is included for convenient operation.
The recorder also has a small screen on which you can check his shots right.
Recorded is on an SD up to 8 GB card (4 GB in the scope of delivery included). Unfortunately the shots but couldn’t be in HD quality, but only with maximum 720 x 480 pixels. At a price of less than $600, it’s not really up to date.
The technical characteristics collected by computerannals:
- Frame rate: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps, 15 fps
- Resolution: 720 × 480, 720 × 400, 640 × 480, 360 × 240
- Formats: MPEG4 AVI (DivX codec) digital, NTSC / PAL analog
- Field of view: 110 degree
- Capacity: up to 8 GB SD card
- Inputs / outputs: SD card slot, USB 2.0, mic in, NTSC / PAL analog TV/audio out
The POV 1.5 camera is certainly an interesting system for extreme video recording (see video gallery), but those who needed no one hundred percent waterproof helmet camera, my opinion is certainly better served by the significantly lower ContourHD 1080 p.