After hearing what they had to say One M9, HTC, Samsung Galaxy S6 and Huawei P8 as larger competitors in the high-end, is the LG time to show his cards. The new LG G4 is one of the most anticipated handsets of his generation after commercial success – in two consecutive years – LG G2 and G3 LG.
“This is the most ambitious phone we have never created” say from the company about the LG G4. You will discover if it is true in summary the 7 keys that make it special. What did us prepared the Koreans?
Review of your technical specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
- Display: Quad HD IPS Quantum of 5.5 inch
- Memory: 32 GB eMMC ROM, 3 GB LPDDR3 RAM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear of 16 MP with aperture of F1.8 / IOS 2.0 / front of 8MP and aperture of F2.0
- Extras of the Chamber: manual mode / shot by gestures with interval / rapid fire
- Battery: removable 3000 mAh
- Operating system: 5.1 Android Lollipop
- Size: 148,9 x 76.1 x 6.3 – 9.8 mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA + 21 Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / 4.1LE Bluetooth / NFC / USB 2.0
7 noteworthy features of the LG G4
1 you change your design with a protagonist, leather
The LG G4 will be available with back in two finishes: one of polycarbonate with design 3D (in white ceramic, grey metallic or gold) and the main, natural leather, It is the absolute protagonist of the promotional pictures. Leather models are handmade in six different colors (Brown, black, sky blue, beige, yellow and red wine).
LG has highlighted that the process of production and dyeing of leather is handmade: master craftsmen performed a toasting eco-friendly vegetable to get it.
2 you have the (slightly) curved screen
The body and screen of LG G4 are curved, but the curve is more open and thin that’s the LG G Flex 2. Apart from the aesthetic (“the curve is beautiful”, especially if it is thus of discrete), are two reasons to bet on it ergonomics and durability.
The phone is more comfortable in hand than others 5.5 inch and LG says that the curvature of the G4 improves by 20% its durability, especially in case of falls upside down.
3 panel corrects the errors of the LG G3
The G4 mounted a promising 5.5 inch QuadHD resolution IPS panel (2560 x 1440 pixels). Improves the LG G3 technology quantum dot, which offers a further 20%, 25% color reproduction than brightness and 50% more contrast.
Also improves sensitivity to touch using Advanced In-Cell Touch technology, which is to embed the LCD panel and the touch sensor in a same module.
4. the camera can capture more light and shoot in RAW
We will have a 16-Megapixel sensor in the rear and one of 8 MP on the front. We find the most outstanding novelty in the lens of the main Chamber, which will feature a maximum aperture F1.8 (collecting 80% more light than the LG G3). Another important innovation in hardware is the optical stabilizer OIS 2.0, bending performance of OIS + adding a third axis of motion and adding a degree of stabilization to the X axis and and.
We have to go to the software to find the other big news: capture images in RAW (uncompressed) and a feature-laden camera interface. It allows to control focus, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation and white balance.
5. it is the first mobile color spectrum sensor
In addition to the focus laser which we already had in the G3, G4 LG incorporates a spectrum of color (CSS) sensor. It’s a system that measures and analyzes the RGB values of the scene, as well as the infrared light reflected objects, before you take the picture. This addition will improve both the white balance and the color of the camera’s flash. The result will be more natural and with more accurate colors pictures.
6. the graphical interface of LG is simplifying…
Following the path of Samsung TouchWiz, the new G4 LG UX 4.0 interface is simpler and more intuitive than its predecessors: eliminates unnecessary steps When browsing through menus and settings of the phone. In addition, it is adapted to the curvature of the G4 with the edges of its more rounded elements.
…BUT IT DOES OFFER NEW OPTIONS
- Quick-trip: allows you to take pictures without having to open the application (by double clicking on the back button the screen is turned off).
- New photo gallery: more simple and visual. It automatically organizes photos in albums according to the date and the place where have been removed.
- Event Pocket: It allows you to create a unique calendar by dragging and dropping meetings and activities from multiple calendars, and social networking.
- Smart Notice: a wizard that offers customized notifications on travel time, etc. “Make sure you bring an umbrella”.
7 LG are thinking and don’t use the Snapdragon 810
It seems that LG has heard the complaints from the overheating of the Snapdragon 810 and has urged Qualcomm to develop a new processor for its flagship of this year. The G4 LG mounted a Snapdragon 808 which, instead of eight, has six-core: two Cortex-A57 and four Cortex-A53. The GPU of the SoC is a 418 Adreno.