Examinations during pregnancy month by month, what are when they get, which ones are required and recommended.
There are the preconception exam, those intended parents should undergo when they decide it is time to expand the family, “to make sure that both are in optimum condition and to avoid the risk that the baby will contract some disease from their parents. And that’s the easy part, because then came a lot of tests to which the expectant mother must undergo during pregnancy.
So here’s a little summary which groups the tests to be done during pregnancy in both those recommended and optional, but under certain circumstances it would be better to submit.
- Urinalysis and urine culture to check for the presence of infection in the urinary tract
- Blood tests to determine the blood type and Rh factor, to check that there are no ongoing infectious diseases (rubella, HIV, toxoplasmosis or syphilis) and to exclude any problems of anemia
- Ultrasound,to determine which week of pregnancy you are
- Chorionic villus sampling,must be done within 11 weeks, we recommend always but especially after 36 years
- Doublewith genetic ultrasound
- Pap smear,if not performed within the last year
- Urine test
- Ultrasound morphologyto exclude or ascertain the presence of malformations
- Amniocentesisrecommended to women who are older than 35 years of age
- Three-dimensional Ultrasound, which is not mandatory but for the parent can be a pleasure to see the baby moving
- Check maternityguides for antibodiesrubella, toxoplasmosis
- Blood sugar
- Oral glucose load curvefor those with a risk group of diabetes
- Ultrasound morphology of 2° level with flow measurementto evaluate the health of the fetus, recommended for people suffering from hypertension or diabetes
- Cervico-vaginal and rectal Swabin patients with threatened abortion or miscarriages.
- Urine test
- Obstetric ultrasoundto check amniotic fluid and placenta
- HCV, HbsAg and HIVif they were encountered risk factors
- Cardiotocography, to assess the welfare of the fetus
- Examinationwith elettrocardiogramm in between 35° and 37° week
- Weekly Cardiotocofrafiafrom 36 weeks onwards
- Flow mapping, if tested positive previously