The perfect backpack trekking vary according to our needs and characteristics of our getaway. The good performance of a backpack depends on our good choice as well as distribute the weight and luggage. In this post we show you how to differentiate between different kinds of backpack, to load and distribute the weight and recognize the technical specifications in a backpack.
Types of Backpack
As we mentioned, there are bags of all kinds: cycling, camping, hiking, urban use. Backpacks s and classified by their size and capacity. This is measured in liters (volume capacity) and not in kilos as AndyOutdoor believes.
- 0-15 liters: They are backpacks cycling or brisk walking, very small size. They usually have capacity for water bag and an extra compartment to carry your phone and a few personal effects.
- 15 to 30 liters: These types of backpacks are known as ” backpack or daypack attack “. They are quite small but its size is sufficient to charge the basic equipment for a day hike.
- 30 to 50 liters: These backpacks are excellent for trekking, camping , even for mountaineering. They are medium in size, but it is all you need for a weekend departure.
- More than 50 liters: They are very backpacks large and can become exhausting. These backpacks should be used by an experienced hiker, not the first time to be walking, because it should adjust the straps properly and distribute well the weight in the backpack.
Distribution of the load in the backpack
- To do this, place the food and heavier objects in the center of gravity, the central part of the backpack.
- Around that area, ie the outer bottom, top and backpack, will have light things, such as clothing, towels or sleeping bags.
- The or bjetos most frequently used , as can be flashlight, pocket knife, map, compass, among others, shall be placed in the upper and side pockets for easier access.
Technical aspects of backpacks trekking and camping
are straps take on the shoulders . These must be rigid and padded to optimize their performance. Must be adjusted up and down.
This point is very important! You must verify that the backpack fits perfect way the body should fit snugly on the torso and hip, to distribute the weight evenly.
As its name implies , is a stabilizer that fastens at the height of the chest and prevents the backpack go back and pull too much weight on your shoulders. No doubt it is very important that the backpack count on this feature.
The role of fanny is distribute the weight of the backpack in our hip , in addition to stabilizing the load. Ideally , the fanny has a good size for the distribution is done correctly.
Tape lateral compression
These serve to compact the equipment inside the backpack, in addition to add outside trekking poles or other supplement that we find it essential to life outdoors.
is advisable that the back is padded , especially for long walks. So it more comfortable carrying the backpack.
Most backpacks carry it inside , in the part that is attached to the back. It must be aluminum , as this will prevent the backpack badly deformed and balance the weight, plus it over long distances keep your back dry.
is important that the backpack is waterproof. However, there are many backpacks that include a ” rain cover “, a protective bag against the rain. Remember that time repellent materials are subject to wear. You can also buy a rain cover independently by barely 7 €.