If you want to customize your walls, you can opt for the wall sticker. Regardless of where it is placed, the wall sticker will complement your interior in an original way by customizing your home. The point now.
Wall Sticker: What Is It?
A wall sticker is a printed sticker on paper and intended to decorate the walls at lower cost. He lands on a smooth surface, in any room of the house, giving your walls a unique terrain.
The wall decal has the following features:
- it is easy to install;
- it can replace the wallpaper;
- it harmonizes with every wall painting styles;
- it is durable and washable.
Good to know: The wall sticker is ideal to cover a stained wall surface and difficult to clean.
Wall Sticker: What Model to Choose?
There are a wide range of wall stickers models. Depending on the tastes, colors, the room in which you want to put a sticker, you can opt for a specific topic such as: animal, vegetable or abstract composition, sport, cinema, urban landscape design and phosphor pattern.
The wall sticker can be in 3D and trompe l’oeil. Offered in various sizes, it fits in the available space.
It highlights some elements of the room such as a staircase, an angle, a niche, a window frame and a door.
Good to know: it is best to combine the colors of the wall sticker to that of the support.
How to Apply A Wall Sticker?
Once you have purchased the wall sticker (long coveted …), it only remains to ask you this.
The method is as follows:
- Ensure that the support surface is smooth and clean.
- Make a mark on the wall to position the sticker where you want to paste it.
- Peel off the sticker protection band called “liner” for a length of 10-15 cm, then cut it out.
- Apply sticker in adjusting the marking pins.
- Firmly press the adhesive with a squeegee avoiding the formation of bubbles. It is recommended to rub the surface of the sticker wall by moving the squeegee top to bottom and from inside to outside.
- Gently remove the top down protective paper.
- Smooth the surface of the wall sticker with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Good to know: After you apply the wall sticker to bathroom according to bridgat, if you notice any air bubbles must be avoided to take off again. In this case, simply pierce the bubbles using a fine needle so that they completely disappear.
Wall Sticker: Where to Get It And at What Price?
Some DIY stores and specialty stores in the decoration and coatings market of wall stickers. You can also find them on dedicated merchant sites.
The price of a wall sticker depends on its dimensions. Here is a range of prices:
- wall sticker, size 20 x 30 cm, 30 x 30 cm: between 7 and 15 €;
- wall sticker, size 63 x 80cm: 25 to 35 €;
- wall sticker, dimensions 120 x 200 cm: 35 to 50 €.
Good to know: Some online sites offer probably the cheap wall sticker you are looking for. 50 to 80% Discounts are sometimes granted on certain models.
To Know More:
- Deco ambiance in a dominant tone, raised by small LED buttons: Learn the art of two-tone!
- You want a peaceful atmosphere in your living room or garden, you like to hear and see the runoff?… Why not opt for a wall of water?
- Not always popular in decor, yet the color black has benefits to offer. Well placed and well combined, a black wall in your living room can be a real plus and give character to the room and the decor.